Persistent gum problems call for modern dental treatments. A periodontist is the best person for these kinds of oral care problems. Periodontists receive specific training in the best treatments and preventive strategies for chronic conditions that cause inflammation of gums and that can harm the supportive structures for your teeth.
Gum disease is a problem that affects millions. Likewise, it’s a leading factor in tooth loss in America. When you have infected gums, you also raise your risk for heart disease, diabetes, and other systemic health issues.
You can trust that you will receive advanced care from our team of professionals. You will get the advantage of our training in addressing complex gum health problems. You can bring back your complete, healthy smile. To maintain your dental health for decades, work with us with our many services:
- Exams – We perform a visual inspection and complete digital X-rays to assess your situation and develop your treatment plan.
- Deep Cleaning – Tartar build-up around your teeth and below your gumline creates irritation, which can cause infected gums. Removing tartar gives your gums the chance to heal.
- Root Planing – Bacteria is less likely to build up after we smooth the surface of your tooth roots. Planing assists in reconnecting your teeth and gums as well.
- Perio Protect – This treatment is designed to reach places that your toothbrush and dental floss don’t. When trays that are custom-made for your smile, you will keep your medication where it should be to provide the biggest potential benefit.
- Gum Surgery – Surgery may be necessary in cases of severe periodontal disease. This is done to make certain all the infected is fully removed.
- Gum Grafts – Receding gums are a common symptom of periodontal disease. To restore your healthy gumline, a gum graft can be invaluable.
- Dental Implants – As we noted early, gum disease and tooth loss can go hand in hand. We can bring back your complete smile with dental implants to support your replacement teeth. Implants provide security and stability by acting as artificial roots for your new teeth.
Enjoy a healthy smile again! Make an appointment with your Roosevelt, TX periodontist. Call 806-507-6906 or contact us to plan your visit to High Plains Periodontics and Implant Dentistry.