You should be doing all you can to maintain your healthy gums. Unfortunately, millions of people are affect by chronic gum infections. That’s when you should call a periodontist. We are dental specialists who have completed advanced training on the treatment and prevention of gum inflammation and damage to your teeth’s supportive structures.
Millions of people develop periodontal disease every year. Gum infections also are a leading contributor to tooth loss in the United States. When you have diseased gums, you are more likely to develop heart disease, diabetes, and other health issues, too.
Our professional team delivers advanced care for periodontal problems. By coming here, you get the benefits of our training to address your complex gum issues. Bring back your healthy and attractive smile with our many services:
- Exams – Your care starts with a thorough visual inspection and digital X-rays. This is how we evaluate your oral health and design a treatment plan for your specific situation.
- Deep Cleaning – Tartar can build up on your teeth and under your gumline. That creates irritation and can cause gum infections. Taking off that tartar makes it easier to for your gums to recover.
- Root Planing – Planing makes the surface of your teeth smoother. This helps in two ways. It makes it harder for bacteria to accumulate in pockets on your teeth. It also makes it easier for your gums and teeth to reattach.
- Perio Protect – This treatment gets into parts of your mouth that are inaccessible with a toothbrush or dental floss. You will receive custom-made trays, which keep your medication to provide the maximum benefit.
- Gum Surgery – For severe periodontal disease, surgery can ensure that all the infected tissue has been removed.
- Gum Grafts – Receding gums often occur as a result of gum disease. A gum graft can be essential to restore your healthy gumline.
- Dental Implants – Since gum disease can cause tooth loss can go hand in hand, we also have a way to recreate your complete smile with dental implants. These root replacements provide security and stability for your new teeth.
You deserve to have a healthy smile! Don’t let gum disease steal your teeth. Instead, visit your Posey, TX periodontist. Call 806-507-6906 or schedule for an appointment at High Plains Periodontics and Implant Dentistry.