Patients with persistent gum problems need advanced dental care. A periodontist is your best option for this particular oral health issue. Periodontists have completed specialized training to treat and prevent diseases that cause inflammation of gum tissues and damage to the structures that support your teeth.
Periodontal disease is a problem on its own. It also is a major cause of tooth loss in the US. Gum infections make you more like to experience diabetes, heart disease, and other problems.
As our patient, you will receive advanced care from an experienced team of professionals. You have the benefits of training in complex problems when you come in for an examination. To revive your healthy smile and put yourself in the position to sustain your long-term dental health and wellness, plan to work with us.
Your oral health can improve with our services:
- Exams – To accurately determine your treatment, first we will assess your situation with a visual inspection and digital X-rays.
- Deep Cleaning – When tartar builds up around your teeth and below your gumline, it causes irritation. This also can lead to periodontal infections. Take away the tartar can allow your gums to heal.
- Root Planing – By smoothing out the surface of your roots, bacteria has more difficulty accumulating in this area. The planing process makes it easier for you gums and teeth to reconnect, too.
- Perio Protect – For this noninvasive periodontal treatment, you will receive custom-made trays to wear over your teeth. These trays ensure that your antibiotic medication is where it should be to help you. This medication can get into parts of your mouth that a toothbrush or floss can’t.
- Gum Surgery – When you have severe gum infections, surgery can be necessary to ensure the infected tissue is removed.
- Gum Grafts – Gum recession is a common symptom of periodontal disease. A gum graft can restore your healthy gumline.
- Dental Implants – If your gum infection led to tooth loss, rebuild your smile by replacing your missing teeth with dental implants. Implants function as roots for your replacement teeth to keep them secure and stable.
To bring back your healthy smile, schedule an appointment with your Acuff, TX periodontist. Call 806-507-6906 now or contact us to visit High Plains Periodontics and Implant Dentistry.