For people with chronic periodontal problems, it can often be necessary to get advanced care. In those situations, you need help from a periodontist. This is a dentist who specializes in the treatment and prevention of inflammatory disease that destroys gum tissue and other structures that support for your teeth.
Gum disease is one of the leading causes of tooth loss in the United States. Also, untreated gum problems increase your risk of systemic health issues, including diabetes and heart disease.
By coming to us for your care, you get the benefits of extensive care from an experienced team of professionals. Working with us, you can get your smile back on track and set the stage for your long-term dental health and wellness.
You can improve and maintain your smile with these services:
- Exams – To provide you with the best care, we first need to know what problems, if any, that you are experiencing. This can include a visual exam and X-rays.
- Deep Cleaning – This is done to remove tartar build-up around your teeth, including below the gumline around your roots. This can lead to irritation of your gums, which creates the opportunity for a periodontal infection.
- Root Planing – When the tartar has been removed, we smooth the surface of your roots. This makes it easier for your teeth to reattach to your gums. It also makes it harder for bacteria to accumulate in pockets below your gumline.
- Perio Protect – For this noninvasive gum infection treatment, we will create custom trays for you. These trays keep an antibiotic medication where it should be, so you get the most benefit from it. This way, your medication can reach places that you can’t with a toothbrush or dental floss.
- Gum Surgery – When an infection is severe, surgery may be needed to remove the infected tissue.
- Gum Grafts – This procedure is how we can rebuild gums that have receded.
- Dental Implants – If your gum disease has caused tooth loss, we can replace your missing teeth with dental implants to keep your new teeth secure and stable.
It’s time to revitalize your smile and your self-confidence. Arrange your examination at High Plains Periodontics and Implant Dentistry with your New Deal, TX periodontist. Call 806-507-6906 today or get in touch with us .