Patients who have chronic gum problems frequently need advanced dental care. For this kind of problem, a periodontist is typically your best option. Periodontists are dentists who have specialized training in treating and preventing of diseases that inflame and damage gum tissue and the structures that support your teeth.
In addition to being a problem in and of itself, periodontal disease is a leading cause of tooth loss in the United States. Gum problems raise your risk of other health issues such diabetes and heart disease.
When you come to our practice, you can count on our experienced team of professionals to provide advanced treatment for your situation.
You get the advantage of our years of experience and training in teeth replacements when you come in for an examination. Work with us to revive your healthy smile and put yourself in the position to sustain your long-term dental health and wellness.
Improve and maintain your healthy mouth with these services:
- Exams – We need to know your situation to give you the best care that we can. Your visits can include a visual exam and digital X-rays.
- Deep Cleaning – Tartar can build around your teeth. That includes at and below the gumline, which it can cause irritation and allow infection to occur. Removing the tartar is often the first step in allowing your gums to heal.
- Root Planing – We can smooth the surface of your roots after the tartar is out of the way. That makes it more difficult for bacteria to build up in this area. It also allows your gums and teeth to reattach.
- Perio Protect – We will create custom trays for you as part of this noninvasive periodontal treatment. The trays are made to hold your antibiotic medication where it gives you the most benefit. That allows your medication can reach places that a toothbrush or floss can’t.
- Gum Surgery – Surgery may be necessary to remove severely infected tissue.
- Gum Grafts – This procedure is how we can rebuild gums that have receded.
- Dental Implants – You can replace your missing teeth with dental implants if your gum infection led to tooth loss. Implants replace your lost roots and keep your replacement teeth secure and stable.
Revitalize your healthy smile. Start by scheduling an appointment at High Plains Periodontics and Implant Dentistry with your Idalou, TX periodontist. Call 806-507-6906 now or contact us to plan your visit.