Periodontists are the unsung heroes of the dentistry world. Although dentists play a very important role in keeping teeth healthy, a periodontist focuses on keeping gum tissues healthy. The gums can tell a lot about not only your oral health but your overall health as well. If you have never seen a periodontist before, you…
Visit a Periodontist for These 6 Reasons
Are you thinking of seeing a periodontist so you can get your gum problems taken care of once and for all? When your gums are not in as good a shape as they are supposed to be, then the overall health of your mouth is also not optimal. While a general dentist is able to address gum issues, if the issues are too extreme then the dental patient will be referred to a periodontist for gum treatment. Periodontists have completed an additional three years of training, which allows them to be called a gum specialist.
6 reasons to visit a periodontist
The following is a list of six reasons why it may be necessary to make a dental appointment with a dentist who specializes in periodontics.
- They are able to diagnose and treat a number of different periodontal diseases
- They can help dental patients whose teeth are extremely sensitive to both cold and hot temperatures
- They are trained in the placement of dental implants, as well as the treatment of any problems that can get in the way of a patient getting the dental implants they need
- They can perform plastic surgery procedures that allow dental patients to have an improved smile
- They have been specially trained in how to effectively treat any oral condition a dental patient is experiencing
- They are trained in treating dental patients who have been diagnosed with diabetes, cardiovascular disease and chronic respiratory diseases
Ready to make an appointment?
The sooner you seek professional dental assistance for your gum problems, the sooner your oral health can be in good shape again. If you wait too long, there is a possibility that you will lose one or more teeth. Talk to one of our dental professionals today.
Looking for a PERIODONTIST near the 79424 area? Call High Plains Periodontics And Implant Dentistry at (806) 414-3059.
Statistics from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention show that 47.2 percent of Americans over the age of 30 have periodontal disease. Only the gum suffers the effects of gingivitis, but periodontal diseases upset both the gums and the supporting bone tissues of the teeth. You can easily prevent advanced gum disease by booking…
All-on-4 dental implants are currently taking the dental field by storm. These devices address periodontal diseases or tooth loss. They are supported by four dental implants, which gives the name of All-on-4.Dental implants have been revolutionizing the face of the dental industry over the last 25 years. Implants are small posts that replace the tooth’s…
Wanting to know what to expect after oral surgery so you can prepare yourself? The better prepared you are, the more likely you will have a successful outcome. Some of the more common reasons for oral surgery are having one or more teeth extracted, one or more dental implants placed in the mouth or corrective…