Statistics from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention show that 47.2 percent of Americans over the age of 30 have periodontal disease. Only the gum suffers the effects of gingivitis, but periodontal diseases upset both the gums and the supporting bone tissues of the teeth. You can easily prevent advanced gum disease by booking…
Visit a Periodontist for These 6 Reasons
Are you thinking of seeing a periodontist so you can get your gum problems taken care of once and for all? When your gums are not in as good a shape as they are supposed to be, then the overall health of your mouth is also not optimal. While a general dentist is able to address gum issues, if the issues are too extreme then the dental patient will be referred to a periodontist for gum treatment. Periodontists have completed an additional three years of training, which allows them to be called a gum specialist.
6 reasons to visit a periodontist
The following is a list of six reasons why it may be necessary to make a dental appointment with a dentist who specializes in periodontics.
- They are able to diagnose and treat a number of different periodontal diseases
- They can help dental patients whose teeth are extremely sensitive to both cold and hot temperatures
- They are trained in the placement of dental implants, as well as the treatment of any problems that can get in the way of a patient getting the dental implants they need
- They can perform plastic surgery procedures that allow dental patients to have an improved smile
- They have been specially trained in how to effectively treat any oral condition a dental patient is experiencing
- They are trained in treating dental patients who have been diagnosed with diabetes, cardiovascular disease and chronic respiratory diseases
Ready to make an appointment?
The sooner you seek professional dental assistance for your gum problems, the sooner your oral health can be in good shape again. If you wait too long, there is a possibility that you will lose one or more teeth. Talk to one of our dental professionals today.
Looking for a PERIODONTIST near the 79424 area? Call High Plains Periodontics And Implant Dentistry at (806) 414-3059.
We are committed to providing quality service to residents located In the Lubbock, TX area. Our website has additional information about the following topics: Dental Implants, Dental Implants Near Me, Implant Dentistry, Periodontics, Periodontics Near Me, Periodontist, Periodontal Center, Implant Anchored Dentures, Single Tooth Implant and Implant Supported Dentures.
Looking for solutions for your gummy smile or uneven gum line? Good for you! When there is something about your smile that you do not like, today’s modern advances in dentistry allow you to make some changes. Life is simply too short for you to feel anything other than super confident when smiling, and now…
A dental implant is an excellent option for long-term tooth replacement, but a common question is how long do dental implants last?Factors that alter how long dental implants are viable depend on the patient's lifestyle and dental hygiene. The technology of dental implants has become so progressive over the years that implant failures due to…