Healthy gums are essential in maintaining a healthy mouth and body. However, a lot of people neglect their gums, often times, it’s because they don’t think that they are as important as other things such as the teeth. But, that is far from the truth - both the teeth and gums are important to maintain.Periodontal…
Visit a Periodontist for These 6 Reasons
Are you thinking of seeing a periodontist so you can get your gum problems taken care of once and for all? When your gums are not in as good a shape as they are supposed to be, then the overall health of your mouth is also not optimal. While a general dentist is able to address gum issues, if the issues are too extreme then the dental patient will be referred to a periodontist for gum treatment. Periodontists have completed an additional three years of training, which allows them to be called a gum specialist.
6 reasons to visit a periodontist
The following is a list of six reasons why it may be necessary to make a dental appointment with a dentist who specializes in periodontics.
- They are able to diagnose and treat a number of different periodontal diseases
- They can help dental patients whose teeth are extremely sensitive to both cold and hot temperatures
- They are trained in the placement of dental implants, as well as the treatment of any problems that can get in the way of a patient getting the dental implants they need
- They can perform plastic surgery procedures that allow dental patients to have an improved smile
- They have been specially trained in how to effectively treat any oral condition a dental patient is experiencing
- They are trained in treating dental patients who have been diagnosed with diabetes, cardiovascular disease and chronic respiratory diseases
Ready to make an appointment?
The sooner you seek professional dental assistance for your gum problems, the sooner your oral health can be in good shape again. If you wait too long, there is a possibility that you will lose one or more teeth. Talk to one of our dental professionals today.
Looking for a PERIODONTIST near the 79424 area? Call High Plains Periodontics And Implant Dentistry at (806) 414-3059.
Gum disease can be one of the most painful and threatening oral health problems that a person experiences. Because they can often go unnoticed, it’s hard for a person to know what’s causing it. However, with the help of a periodontist, a person can figure out what might be causing their gum disease.In this article,…
A periodontist is the right person to see when a problem develops with your gums. These are dentists who have additional training on diagnosing and treating issues that affect the gums. The most common issue that affects the gums is gum disease. It is actually one of the most common problems all dentists deal with.The…
With all of the dental specialties that exist, it can be difficult to remember precisely who treats what but thankfully, for any dental or oral health issue that does exist, there is likely a specialist out there who can help.One of the most common dental specialists that do exist is a periodontist. They are trained…